Also covering BIP151 and BIP324
Version 2 (v2) P2P transport is a proposal to allow Bitcoin nodes to communicate with each other over encrypted connections.
Some other changes to the communication protocol are also suggested, such as allowing frequently-used protocol commands to be aliased to shorted byte sequences to reduce bandwidth.
This proposal replaces the earlier BIP151 proposal.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2022 year-in-review: encrypted v2 transport protocol
- Request for feedback on message identifiers for v2 P2P encrypted transport
- CoreDev.tech discussion of v2 P2P encrypted transport proposal
- Update on BIP324 v2 encrypted transport protocol
- Criticism and defense of BIP151 choices
- PR opened for initial BIP151 support
- Continuing work on P2P protocol encryption