Also covering BIP151
Version 2 (v2) P2P transport is a proposal to allow Bitcoin nodes to communicate with each other over encrypted connections.
Some other changes to the communication protocol are also suggested, such as allowing frequently-used protocol commands to be aliased to shorted byte sequences to reduce bandwidth.
This proposal replaces the earlier BIP151 proposal.
Primary code and documentation
Optech newsletter and website mentions
- 2019-06-12 CoreDev.tech discussion of v2 P2P transport proposal
- 2019-03-26 Announcement of v2 P2P transport proposal
- 2018-09-11 Criticism and defense of BIP151 choices
- 2018-08-28 PR opened for initial BIP151 support
- 2018-08-21 Continuing work on P2P protocol encryption